Located in the U.S. and a subsidiary of Kongsberg Maritime, Hydroid is the world’s most trusted manufacturer of advanced Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs). Our marine robotics systems provide innovative and reliable full-picture solutions for the marine research, defense, hydrographic and offshore/energy markets. Our products represent the most advanced, diversified and field-proven family of AUVs and AUV support systems in the world.
Hydroid employees are passionate about their work and strive to produce top-quality products and service. All products are designed and manufactured at the Hydroid
facilities in Pocasset, MA.
• Designs and documents electrical system wiring diagrams, cable assemblies, and circuit card assemblies.
• Demonstrates proficiency in low power analog and digital design, ORCAD, and firmware coding (Texas
Instrument digital signal processors, PIC microcontrollers, x86 microprocessors) for underwater applications.
• Demonstrates attention to detail and develops and maintains accurate bills of materials and process sheets.
• Interfaces with PC board layout personnel, previous layout experience is a plus.
• Works with manufacturing to troubleshoot boards and system level problems.
• Assists manufacturing with any electrical problems or troubleshooting of components.
• Assists purchasing to locate equivalent components to either long-lead or obsolete components.
• Writes and incorporates Engineering Change Orders for existing documentation and new designs.
• Fabrication of test fixtures and prototype designs.
• Solves all electrical technical problems with all ocean instruments and underwater vehicles.
• Supports sales/marketing and engineering functions with labor, material and cost estimates.
• Travels to offsite and possibly oversees locations as required.
• Follows safety procedures as set forth by the company.
• Other duties as assigned.
A condition of this position will require the successful Applicant to pass a government security investigation and must subsequently receive authorization to access US Department of Defense Controlled Unclassified Information (“CUI”) and potentially classified information.
We offer a very competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including 75% company paid medical and dental insurance. The company also offers paid Life, STD, LTD, tuition reimbursement and 401K with company match, and more.
Hydroid is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/AA/M/F/V/D Employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need assistance with the application process as a result of your disability please call 1-508-563-6565 or mail your request to 1 Henry Drive, Pocasset, MA 02559, Attn: Employment Application Assistance.